Hello again my lovelies, just another reminder to check out my second blog Whimsical Mutterings where today we’re delving into the Top 9 Moments We Need To See In Star Wars Episode IX!!! If you couldn’t tell already, this is going to be a heck of a Star Wars year and I am HERE FOR IT!!! Hope to see you there! ❤
Alright my lovelies, it’s time to delve back into one of my all-time favorite shows: Once Upon a Time!!! I’ve been trying to keep up with season five online (which is a bit of a nightmare really, I’m not used to dealing with commercials and weeklong breaks!) but I’m still reeling from all the shocks and surprises of season four and believe me, there were many! So let’s get to it!
Moonstonemaiden’s Favorite OUAT Season Four Moments:
1) When Snow lost her cool! – Or as I like to call it, the epic “Buy a flashlight!” moment, this is hands down the funniest moment in all of season four! It’s too much, really, just watch and see for yourselves:
2) When Hook had a cellphone – A 2oo year old pirate with a modern technical device…um yeah, let the hilarity ensue! The fact that Hook eventually broke down and revealed his complete cluelessness to Elsa had me laughing up a storm. But you know, kudos for trying Killian!
3) When Elsa trusted Emma – Yay for this epic friendship! Emma seriously needs someone her age with powers that she can relate to and although I love her bestie-ship with Regina, it’s really Elsa who understands Emma’s fear concerning her magic. And when Elsa braves the danger and takes Emma’s hand I just adore her! Here’s hoping we get more of Arendelle royalty in upcoming seasons!
4) The Spell of Shattered Sight – Not only was it gut-wrenching to see all my favorite couples and friends separate out of fear of harming those they loved most, but it was also unexpectedly hilarious. I wasn’t sure whether to be teary with all the goodbyes (Hook/Emma and Robin/Regina anyone!) or to laugh my butt off when Snow and Charming started bickering over how to swaddle a baby and if the stroller was really under warranty! But perhaps the best bit was Snow and Regina’s all-out battle in the police station and their subsequent laugh-fest once the spell wore off and they realized what was happening!
5) When Emma Loved Ingrid -I thought the whole backstory of Emma and Ingrid was incredibly moving. It’s so nice to know that Emma had at least one loving family situation in her youth, and even though Ingrid was flawed, you could see the love between them. I think they would have made a wonderful family if things had turned out differently, and it makes me wonder how different their lives might have been.
6) When Anna spoke her vows – I loved Anna in this show, she was just so outrageously adorable, but when she said her vows to Kristoff as they came closer and closer to drowning, I almost lost it. To see her actually lose hope was shocking and so very moving, and yes I am actually tearing up as I type this! If nothing else, this proved just how much she truly loved Kristoff — who, I must add, I ADORED in this show!
7) When the Snow Queen sacrificed herself – Ingrid was one of those characters I didn’t care for a first and then ended up loving, so when she gave her life so that the town could live, it broke my heart! She just wanted the love of her family and forgiveness and really who doesn’t want these two things?! Between the music in the background and the little montage of her joining her sisters as children again, as though given a second chance, I was basically a weepy mess on the end of the couch.
8) When Hook tried to warn Emma – For the love of all that is magical Rumple, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH YOU?! Stealing Hook’s heart and using him to help with nefarious deeds is not cool! But when Hook grabbed Emma’s hand and tried to communicate via their love I just about melted!
9) When Belle banished Rumple – What the Hell Rumple?!!! Sorry, but basically this wasn’t the best season for Rumbelle lovers considering Rumple had a backwards slide into darkness, but when Belle forced him to the town-line and then OUT of Storybrooke, I FREAKED!!! What was happening?! Rumple had been doing so well and then wham, out of the blue his darker tendencies creep back out and now he’s gone?! AGHHHHHH!!!No one messes with my Rumbelle!!!
10) When the heroes faced their inner-darkness – One thing I did enjoy (as painful as it was) was all the moments when the Heroes finally battled their own inner-evils. Belle was the first, revealing that she’d selfishly not helped Anna in time, then Charming and Snow revealed the horrible truth of what they did to ensure that Emma was born good. Emma mourned the loss of a long-ago friend she’d pushed aside, and even Regina (now firmly a hero in my book) flirted with the idea of returning to her dark ways. I think it’s important to show that these great icons faltered along the way, they aren’t just 100% good all the time. They make horrible, life-altering mistakes, but they do their best to pick themselves up and make the world a better place.
11) When Ursula sang – Considering Ursula is my favorite Disney Villain(ess) ever, I was ecstatic to see her brought to the show for more than that one episode in season three (when Regina pretended to be her). Ursula’s backstory is another example of the writers of the show playing around with the fairy tales origin stories and creating something new but yet recognizable! I love that Ursula was basically Ariel (or a pre-Ariel) and that she and Hook had a semi-sweet history together.
You know… before Hook stole her singing voice (to get back at her human-hating and blackmailing dad) and pissed her the HELL off!
12) When Zelena revealed herself – Marian’s not real!!! I’ve never been so happy to see the end of a OUAT character lol!I mean, not that I’m not sad that Zelena killed the real Marian and took her place and all, but as a Outlaw Queen fan, let me just say: thank goodness Zelena’s back! I was starting to freak out there that another one of my couples was going to be cruelly split apart, so as much as I wanted to kick Zelena’s butt for interfering , I was also so happy to see her and not Marian!
13) When Maleficent met her daughter – I was so happy to see Maleficent back this season in all her stylish glory, but witnessing her emotional journey to be reunited with her daughter (Emma’s pushed away friend) Lily (who was inadvertently lost after Snow and Charming cursed her with all of Emma’s darkness) was one of my favorite parts of this season. I love the two of them together, how Maleficent was the perfect person to love Lily, even despite her darkness, and I look forward to seeing more of them as Maleficent teaches her daughter all about being a “scary dragon bitch”.
14) When Regina fought for happiness – Considering the devastation Regina can unleash when her happiness is taken from her (the entirety of seasons one and two anyone?), I was so thrilled to see her stand up and fight for her right to be happy. She doesn’t give up, or turn dark, or curse anyone, but finally takes matter into her own hands the right way! Go Regina!!!
15) The Sorcerer’s Apprentice – This was a cute throwback to one of Disney’s most well known films, and it was nice seeing it make it’s mark in Once Upon a Time’s history. And the sorcerer himself has me wondering…
16) When August returned – YES!!! How I’ve missed my favorite motorcycle riding puppet-man! There for a time I was rooting for him and Emma in season one, but now I think they are simply the best besties ever (other than my own bestie that is)! August is just so good for Emma, he’s pretty much perfect friend material and I love that their bond had Hook worried (although needlessly). But now that he’s returned he needs to stay put! But then, Pinocchio is not one to be tamed and tethered!
17) When Disney was an Author – Not only did August deliver one of the best OUAT speeches ever, but he also revealed that Disney himself was an Author back in the day! How awesome is that?! Please excuse me as I sit here and SQUEE!!!
18) When Henry went into the book – It’s about time Henry got to have an adventure and be the hero! He demonstrated just how great he would be to have around in the Enchanted Forest and finally got to join his family inside a fairy tale book (albeit a dark one)!
19) When Hook was a sweet coward – He may be the cutest, sweetest, most romantic, goat’s-milk drinking coward ever and I just adored him and his flirtatious interactions with Emma! When she was teaching him how to sword-fight I nearly swooned, but when he died to protect her and Henry I about lost it. I know it was all in an alternate universe, but watching Hook die was heart wrenching!
20) When Emma said “I love you” – Emma’s fear was palpable when she desperately searched for Killian after returning to Storybrooke, and their reunion one of their sweetest moments ever, but it was when she finally admitted that she loved him that had me keeling over from all the feels. It took three seasons and three alternate Hooks before she could say it, but she said it! No take backs!!!
21) When Emma became the Dark One – Thanks to spoilers on Facebook (grrr) I knew this was coming, but watching it happen nearly ripped my heart out. But as sad as it was, I love that Emma did it to save Regina and that Regina can finally see just how much she means to Emma. And considering Emma’s darkness had been stripped away before birth, I think this will be an interesting thing for the Savior of Storybrooke to deal with. But oh, the heartache of her being ripped from her family and Hook!!!
22) The progression of Captain Swan – In one word: perfection. The show really gave Hook and Emma the time to forge something real after that epic season three finale kiss and I couldn’t be more appreciative! It wasn’t all roses and sunshine for Captain Swan, but they push forward TOGETHER and I just LOVE them like crazy!!! From date nights:
To epic reunion hugs, they are simple the best!
23) Henry and his ever-growing family – With two kickass stepdad-figures like Hook and Robin Hood, and two powerful mothers like Regina and Emma, plus the epicness of his father Bae, grandparents including Snow White, Charming, Rumple, and Belle (she’s his step-grandmother and I totally count this!), a possible step-brother (little Roland), and a brand-new uncle (baby Neal), Henry is surrounded by a loving, complicated, all-encompassing family and I LOVE IT!!! He’s has gone from the little unloved boy (well, he felt unloved anyway) to a teenager surrounded by people who love him more than anything and it just makes my heart so happy! This is the dream people!!!
And there you have it my lovelies, my favorite moments from season four! What were your favorite moments, did I miss any on this list? Do you have a favorite OUAT couple or bestie-ship? Let me know!
A Mother’s Love
I was running before I could even think to. The sharp slap of the tall prickling grass as it marred my skin was my only connection to the world around me as I tore across the open ground, barreling past the farthest borders of the village, headlong to the stone archway, the Gate to the other Realm, my Realm. Where my children now were. My boys. My sons. The others wouldn’t be far behind me, they would flee to the Gates — an unstoppable onslaught of terrified humanity — and in doing so, bring those monsters with them. They would lead those things to my children.
There was no time.
So I ran. Faster and longer than I’d ever run before. Never slowing, never stopping. The knowledge of what must be done writhed inside my stomach like a coil of snakes, but I pushed it down, flung it aside, allowing no other thoughts to enter my mind that the image of my sons as I’d last left them. If I thought about the rest I would never be able to do it.
Ryzan, my eldest — just five summers old — had been so fearless. He’d held my Ryvan’s little hand, lending his younger brother courage for their first adventure without me and a surge of beaming pride had nearly swamped me, though I hid my tears in a wide smile.
“Look after your brothers,” I’d told him, kissing Ryvan noisily on his plump, dimpled cheek before looking back into Ryzan’s deep copper eyes. “Keep them safe for me Ryzan.”
My boy had nodded, his grin easy and assured, so much his father’s son. “I will Momma,” he said, as his brother squealed happily with laughter at my kisses before clinging back to Ryzan’s hand like clenched steel,
“Ryvan and I will have lots of adventures — won’t we Ryvan? Uncle says so!” And I knew with certainty my middle son would be just fine without me for a time. Ryvan would go anywhere as long as Ryzan led the way.
And Rynan, my baby, wrapped in extra blankets against the chill of the Realm of Light, he would have a cavalcade of admirers vying to care for him. I wondered again if he would take a chill — my boys were used to the blistering heat of the desert in the Realm of Stones, not the fluctuating seasons of my old forest-blanketed home — but my littlest son never stirred, never whimpered. He merely watched me from my brother’s arms, serene, peaceful, accepting whatever fate handed him. My arms had ached to snatch him back to me, but I clenched them to my chest. “I’ll see you in just a few days,” I said again, as much for my sake as theirs.
A few days…But that was before. I bit back a breathless cry. My precious ones, my sons, the very blood and beating of my heart. They had to stay safe, hidden in that other Realm, away from these killing creatures. But they wouldn’t if I didn’t reach the Gate first. The part of me that was vampyre flared wildly to life, fueling my speed and lending me strength as I hurdled through the unclaimed lands. But it was only temporary.
My breath was ragged, my lungs strangely bursting when the grey-stone gateway came into sight at long last. The muscles in my legs burned like well-stoked embers as I pushed savagely on, surveying the strange clearing without slowing. But there was no one here. I was alone. I had done it.
The stone boulders that made up the Realm Gate were eerily cool to the touch despite the desert sun burning down on them as I all but slammed myself against them before sinking to my knees, gulping in air as I never had before. For a moment there was only the sound of my rattling lungs and the rapid beat of my heart in my ears and I remembered my mother and the dangers of pushing a too-human body with too-little vampyre blood. Though, I reasoned that I wasn’t quite to the point of death, just utter exhaustion, as my breathing began to slow and sensation came back to my bruised feet with the sharp stabbing of thousands of knives. The pain cleared away the remnants of my memories and the immediacy of the world came back to me.
I lurched upwards, forcing myself to my feet until I stood shakily before the Gate, ready to melt back into my Realm, to close the portal from the inside. But before I could make myself move, I jerked back as though struck, horrified. Varrick, my husband! In my sudden fear and flight I’d forgotten him! Was he dead? Was my husband gone already, torn apart by those…monsters before they’d attacked our home? Surely these were the creatures he and the others had been searching for…? What if…
My knees began to shake. I was all but desperate to see my sons, to leave this place, but unwilling to leave their father. My boys were safe for the moment, but Varrick could still be out there, fighting his way through these unspeakable horrors. My heart skittered painfully. He would go home, I knew it with a surety that reached down into the marrow of my bones. Varrick would go home, to find me, to protect me. He’d never stop searching. If I left him now I may never find him again. Could I live with myself? But if I stayed…
The horror of it shook through me and I trembled. If I left now I would live, I would close the Gate from inside the Realm of Light, sealing the inhabitants of the Realm of Stone and these creatures inside, possibly forever. I would have my sons, my family, my life…
But if I closed the Gate here… If I sealed myself in this cursed Realm, my sons would still be safe and I could search for Varrick. The trembling worsened.
I stood torn before the Gate’s reflective surface, hesitating as my entire being screamed and wrenched itself into two. My instinct to live and to hold my children once more warred against the love in my heart and the knowledge deep in my Spirit that if I were to leave now, I could never live with myself. Leaving would kill me just as surely as staying would. I looked up and the reflection staring back at me from the watery mirror of the gate was crazed, copper eyes too wide, black hair windblown, with traces of old blood marking pale flesh where the grass had sliced soft skin. This face didn’t belong to the Summer Girl I used to be, this was another girl all together, a new creature born of fear and heartbreak. I wasn’t sure what she was yet, but she frightened me. I frightened me. She was dangerous. She was deadly. She was me.
A burst of unexpected noise some distance behind me broke the haunting spell and I looked away from the Gate, away from that other girl. My heart pounded a warning and war-cry. there was no more time, someone was coming. Or something. The danger rushed back to me and I knew my decision and suffered as my heart ripped in two. I would never get to say goodbye. There was no guarantee I would ever get the Gate back open again. There was no guarantee I would have enough power to close it. This may be forever. I was only a Fireling after all, not Spirit-Speaker like my grandmother, gifted with the power to control Realm Gates. But I had to try. There was only moments left. I had to try.
“Forgive me,” I whispered, grasping the smooth stones on either side of the waiting portal as the rustling edged closer. The fire inside me flared to life, hotter, angrier, and more desperate than I’d ever felt it before. I grasped the heat, feeling it to burst into flame, and pulled, yanking at the source of the power deep in my blood, in my heart. The fire roared inside me, dangerous, lethal. I gasped, fighting to hold onto it as it writhed inside me, scorching me from the inside out. Pain blinded me. For the first time in my life, the fire burned me, burned my veins, the sinews and muscles inside me, and my heart, turning me from flame to ash.
With a violent scream, I slammed my hands into the rippling mirror, shoving the raging flame of my gift into the very heart of the portal. Be as stone, I commanded silently, feeling my gift leave me and the watery gate miraculously harden and blacken beneath my charred hands. Close. Seal. Shut.
With a final grinding slam of falling boulders, the Gate thrust me back and I staggered, utterly spent, staring at the damage I had wrought. The ethereal Gate was no more than a blackened pillar of stones, a charred ruin. I swayed. My sons were safe. They would live in the peace of the forests with my brother and his wife and my mother and father. They would grow up in the land of gift-bearers and vampyres, perhaps even venture to Britannia one day to lay claim to their grandfather’s people. They would grow in peace and love. And they would never know. Never know the gruesome truth of what happened today, of the decision that was made, or of what their safety cost. I hugged my chest, desperate now to hold together. My sons were safe.
But an entire Realm was now trapped, thousands held prisoner in this nightmare. Because of me.
All the thoughts I had held at bay before rushed in, seizing me. I looked down to the reddened flesh of my own hands and stumbled to my knees, cracking them across the stone base. Now I was truly that other girl. I was dangerous. I was a murderess. A monster. A killer. These scarlet hands would wear the blood of thousands for as long as I lived. I hadn’t allowed myself to acknowledge the truth before, the truth of what my boys’ safety would mean for the rest. But now the truth ravaged my Spirit. I had damned an entire Realm to the terror of monsters and blood and death. I had done this.
But my sons were safe. And my husband… Varrick! Where was he?! My need for him flared wildly, consuming me. I needed Varrick! I had to find him! He would understand, he would see that I had saved them. He would forgive me. He would love me. Even now.
But would he even recognize me now? I was no longer his Summer Girl, innocent and bright, now I was that other girl, a monster, a murderer. But I had done it for them, did that make any difference? I wasn’t sure, though in my heart I understood one awful, bitter truth. I would do it again. I would do anything to keep them safe, and if the entirety of the Realm of Stones had to perish, so be it. I was a mother, and there was no creature more dangerous than I.
This is a clip from my WIP Ashes, I hope you enjoy! 😀
Evening my lovelies, I hope all is going well with you and yours 😀 I just wanted to take a minute to announce that I’ve a new mini blog-series on the way that I’m (appropriately) calling “Fairest Of Them All”! This new collection of posts will be the ultimate guide to my favorite fairytale adaptations — both in film and novels — and all my top recommendations for those magical-at-heart lovelies who — like me — just can’t get enough of these wonderful, timeless tales.
Now admittedly, the first post was going to uploaded tonight, but unfortunately… I got sidetracked… by movies. Good movies. And my mother’s new fascination with Candy Crush — which I find highly entertaining. But nevertheless, the first post will DEFINITELY be up tomorrow and I’m thinking it will be a bit…beastly!
And quite possibly beautiful… 😉
See you tomorrow my lovelies!
P.S. I’m actually trying to write it now, truly I am, but the Mummy’s on and there’s so much at stake… Must concentrate. Must not waver. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!
Well, I tried. Sigh. 😀
Alright my lovelies, time for a blast from the past with one of my all-time favorite games…MASH! That’s right, the future-predicting phenomenon that has foretold the numerous men I am going to marry…you know, one day (though as of now I have currently married none of them, but I live for hope lol), as well as the awesome exotic locales I’m going to call home (again, nothing to show for all this oracular knowledge but I have faith) and pretty much everything in-between. I don’t know if you guys played this in school but this was the one that has stuck with me over the years and I have taught it to not only my younger brother but pretty much every younger cousin of mine as well as any friend I’ve ever had. So I figure it’s time that I bring that wonderful, suspenseful, and miraculous game to you my lovelies! Now the rules may vary depending on who you’re with, their playing preferences, and just how evil and vindictive they want to be that day, but I’m going to keep it simple. Each category gets three slots to be filled in with answers of your choice and we’ll work from there.
Now as great as this game is normally, my brother and I amped it up a notch (due to sheer boredom) and now we’ve created our own themed versions, including The Lord of the Rings/Hobbit, The Tudors, Star Wars, X-Men, Disney, Pretty Much Anything We Want At The Moment, and of course, Harry Potter! And tonight my lovelies, I’m thinking what better than the great Mr. Potter himself?! So let’s begin shall we…
Right off the bat (though you’ll see it lower on the list here, but I’m changing a few things to make it easier for us to play), choose Up or Down and pick a number between 1 and 20. That number is your Tally number. Now I choose Up and my Tally is 18, so I’m going to start from the lowest option and count up, repeating the tiers until I hit 18. Whatever option I’m on when I hit 18, that’s my future! (These are just my answers so make sure you right down your own as we go along!)
Harry Potter MASH
M = Malfoy Manor
A = Azkaban
S = Shrieking Shack
H = Hogwarts
- Daily Prophet Journalist
- Magihistorian (I don’t know if this is real, but I’m going for it lol!)
- Hogwart’s Librarian
Mode of Transportation:
- Norwegian Ridgeback
- Firebolt Broomstick
- Bottle Green
- Snowy Owl
- Gem Turtle (I know it was just a small reference, but I’ve wanted one since!)
- Kingsley Shaklebolt
- Magical Blood or
- Wealthy or
Up or Down
Tally: My tally is 18
Alright my lovelies, let’s count it up…I’ve got all my first option choices! That’s right, I’m going to marry Sirius, work as a Daily Prophet Journalist, have a gold Norwegian Ridgeback for transportation and a snowy owl for a pet. My nemesis will be Umbridge herself, and my ally will be Hermione and I will be a Slytherin Weasley!!! (No hate for the Slytherin’s please, it’s where I was sorted into on Pottermore and after the initial devastation/self-doubt/what kind of person am I really DAY or so it took to recover from the shock, I slowly became proud of my Hogwarts house!) And I’m of magical descent and wealthy to boot! Whoot Whoot!!! And yet with all that apparent wealth, I find myself living in the Shrieking Shack of all places. Well you win some, you lose some 😀
Make sure to comment below and tell me what you’re future looks like my lovelies! I cant wait to see what the future holds for you all! 😀
And a big thank you to J.K. Rowling for writing such a perfect, epic story and for introducing us to all these unforgettable characters, places, and ideas! You’ve truly changed my life. Thank you 😀
The Adventures of Ratha James Part Ten
It was then that Eric St. Clare entered the little sitting room bearing a tray laden with hot tea and little sandwiches. Neither his countenance or movement betrayed any modicum of distress as he made his way into the room and sat the tray on a low table before his womenfolk, but Amalee saw the aching pain in his carefully schooled gaze as he took in her wasted form. He said nothing, but handed her a cup of steaming tea with a hand that shook only slightly. She thanked him with a wordless nod, which he returned solemnly. She did not know how to begin again, how to say what must be said and neither did he, but the love in his eyes was enough for now. But his stoicism shattered completely upon seeing the tears still shimmering in Madeline’s wide corn-flower eyes.
Without a moment’s hesitation Eric strode to where Maddie sat, pulled her to her feet, and wrapped her in his strong arms. He whispered to her softly, cradling her to his chest as he ran a hand through her hair soothingly, and she allowed herself to finally give way to the barrage of tears that had been choking her for so long. She convulsed with the force of her grief as the terror, disgust, and disbelief flooded over her anew. In that moment, she would have surely broken were it not for Eric’s arms around her, lending her his strength.
With his back to his wife, only Amalee was witness to the anguish tearing across his handsome features. He bore the look of a brother broken by grief, but determined to be strong for his sisters. His eyes found hers and she knew he longed to pull her into the embrace as well, to wrest away her sadness and wrap her in the love they all bore one another, but understood somehow that this was not what Amalee wanted or needed just yet. But still, there was an intensity in Eric’s eyes that left Amalee certain that he would blame himself always for the hurt and damage done to his wife’s friends, to the women he considered his sisters. She shook her head almost imperceptibly. No, she thought, willing him to hear her. You protected Joona. She was yours to protect.
He closed his glassy sea-blue eyes and took a deep, steadying breath. His hand still stroked Maddie’s golden hair soothingly, and when he again opened his eyes, he appeared calmer, more in charge of his turbulent emotions. Amalee hoped he somehow understood her. She would not have his soul scarred by this tragic turn of events.
“I just,” Maddie sniffled, feeling truly safe for the first time in so many months. “I could not…”
“Ah Love, I know. I know,” Eric murmured, shifting so that he could see his wife’s face. He motioned towards the floor above them and Joona nodded with a loving smile. “You are exhausted Madeline, you should rest awhile. I’ve a room with a delightful view of the ships,” he said, leading her from the sitting room towards a long, elegant staircase. Amalee watched them depart, Maddie’s soft form supported by Eric’s resilient one, and wished her friend a restful, undreaming sleep.
Hello again my lovelies, I hope you’re having an absolutely lovely Monday so far, I’m quite thankful for the sunshine myself 😀 I’m so tired of grey dreary days, bring on the sunlight!
I’m sorry I’m a day late posting this, but epic-ness is worth waiting for right? So without further ado, I present to you:
Moonstonemaiden’s Favorite OUAT Season Three Moments:
1) When Emma first kissed Hook- My GOD that kiss! Granted he had been waiting quite a while for a smooch, and boy did he get one! The way she just grabbed his jacket and pulled him closer… Phew, it’s hot in here 😀
2) When Emma’s secret is revealed- Just SOB!!! She just loves Bae so much and to have him repeatedly leave/die/return just tears her heart out and I can’t blame her for secretly hoping he really was dead, just so she can grieve and move on with her life. The fact that she had to tell this secret to Bae himself, just amped up the feels of this heartfelt moment.
3) When Emma danced with Charming and Hook- It was so sweet to see her dancing with her father (in Charming’s dream) and it was one of those: This is how it should have been moments that made me a little teary. Charming would have been a great father and neither of them had the chance to experience that as they both would have wanted. And later in the season when Hook leads her in a waltz, it was pretty much the sweetest thing ever! Sure, they have vital life-altering stuff they need to do (literally) but Hook makes sure to take the time to treat Emma like the Princess she really is and that’s just fine by me 😀
4) When Regina kept baby Henry- That’s right, Regina kept him EVEN AFTER finding out who his mother was and what that would mean for her in the future. After a little soul searching and a quick trip to the adoption agency, she realized that she loved Henry and she had to put his needs first, so she did what any responsible, loving mother would do…she whipped up a Forgetting Potion and chugged it while telling Henry a story of a mother and her “little prince”. You go Regina!
5) The Midseason Finale- This whole freaking episode is one long, nail-biting favorite-filled moment for me that I absolutely LOVE (and cry over)! Not only does Rumple sacrifice his life for Bae and Belle and pretty much the whole town, but then we find out Storybrooke has to disappear and all the inhabitants are going back to the Enchanted Forest…except for Henry and Emma! (She gets out on the whole Savior technicality.) This family just found one another and now they’re being ripped apart again and to top it all off, Emma and Henry will have no memory of any of the others once it’s all over! Hook’s goodbye was so incredibly sweet and I was sitting there like: You can’t leave now…there’s something happening here!!! But it was watching her and Henry drive over the town line with the purple/green smoke swallowing up all of their family behind them that nearly sent me into hysterics.
6) When Rumple comes back to life and saves Bae- So after I calmed down enough to realize you can’t keep a good Dark One down, I was sure Rumple would be back and sure enough, two episodes later my favorite pawnbroker was back on the scene and the first thing he does is choose his son’s life over the dagger that controls him. That’s right people, Rumple FINALLY learned his lesson and choose his son instead of himself! GO RUMPLE!
7) Bae’s Death- It just isn’t fair! Rumple learned his lesson, Emma remembered her family, and now Bae has to die?!!! The devastation and heartache on Emma and Rumple’s faces just ripped me to shreds, and I couldn’t help thinking: Not Bae, please not Bae, as Emma held him in her arms and he thanked his father for teaching him about true sacrifice…
8) When Zelena and Rumple “Kissed”- As a Rumbelle fan let me just say this… WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED HERE?!!! *clears throat politely* Sorry, but yeah. I understand what Rumple was doing (now) but at the time I was just flabbergasted and horrified. I’ve been waiting THREE seasons to see a Rumbelle moment like that and here he is nearly setting the kitchen on fire with ZELENA, the Wicked Witch! Desperate bid for escape or not, I demand a scene of equal or surpassing Rumbelle hotness in season four!
9) Regina and Robin- I would never have put these two together but now I can’t imagine the show without them! Really, the outlaw and the Evil Queen are just perfect together. They’re snarky and flirtatious and caring, and now one of my top four favorite couples on the show! And the fact that Robin has his son Roland and Regina has Henry just makes this cute little family perfect!!! All hail the Outlaw Queen!!!
10) When Hook almost drowned- But, but he’s a pirate….it’s just you wouldn’t think of a pirate almost drowning right? Ironic much? But either way he did almost drown and I was surprised enough to let out a
loud ladylike scream gasp of horror. Thank God Emma doesn’t hold a grudge long enough to let a good pirate die.
11) When Regina broke the curse- That’s right my lovelies, REGINA broke the curse in Storybrooke this time around and discovered Light Magic inside if herself in the process! I was so happy to see the lighter side of Regina this season, not that I don’t love her as The Evil Queen, but I really wanted to see her bond more with the other characters, and really see that true mother-son bond with Henry. Thank you season three for giving me both!
12) When Snow crushed Charming’s heart- Yes, you read that right and no, Snow hasn’t turned evil, just desperate. The look on his face as he watched her crush his heart though…my God at the love and trust that resides in this man.
13) When Rumple asked Belle to marry him- This doesn’t totally make up for the Zelena/kitchen moment, but AHHHHH!!!! It’s about time and I’m so happy and I totally want to be a bridesmaid! While he did propose with a dagger instead of a ring (which my mother disapproved of) I thought it was a beautiful admission of love and trust. Rumple gave her not only his heart but his unyielding trust when he gave Belle that dagger (which controls him) and I couldn’t be prouder of him. ❤
14) When Rumple revealed the truth- Until five minutes later when he revealed he gave Belle a fake dagger… Sigh. Rumple my love, what am I going to do with you? Naughty minx 😉
15) When Emma altered the past with Hook- Suffice it to say I ADORE the last two episodes of this season. They’re just so freaking adorable and really, Emma needed to see her parents’ story in real life to truly understand not only them, but herself and where she fits into this new life. And the fact that Hook follows Emma into that time-portal (after she was dragged into it unwillingly by the last bit of Zelena’s magic) just makes me want to kiss him… you know, even more than usual.
16) When there were two Hooks-Ah the glorious possibilities of time-travel and sexy pirates! I love fact that not only does Emma have to seduce Past-Hook, but that Present-Hook gets totally jealous! I mean, it’s just so adorable how flustered he gets knowing Emma will be with his past self, knowing what a cad his past self is/was! ❤
17) When Rumple was confused- It’s not often we see Rumple at a loss, but this little moment after the tear-jerker that preceded it, was the perfect way to end our little jaunt into the past. Thanks for making me laugh Rumple, and for doing as Emma requested and forgetting the truth she just revealed about your son’s fate…I was worried just for a second there!
18) When Marian returned- Ok I’m all for saving innocent people from an untimely death and really, I understand that Emma and Hook had no choice (after Emma saved her even though Hook told her not to) but to bring her to the future so she wouldn’t muck-up the past…BUT why did this random person have to be MARIAN?!!! Of all the people Emma could have brought back, she grabbed the one who had the power to RUIN the beautiful, budding relationship between Regina and Robin Hood! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I love the Outlaw Queen (as they are cutely referred to by fans). Please don’t take Robin away from Regina, just find someone new for Marian! How hard can that be?!
19) Prince Neal- Emma’s got a baby brother and they named him NEAL!!! Oh the feels. But Snow and Charming deserved the chance to be active parents and you just know, Emma’s going to be the most protective, loving big sister ever (other than myself of course lol)!
20) When Hook gave up his ship- He gave up his SHIP, the JOLLYRODGER, for EMMA… My mind can barely comprehend the level of love here. Simply put…Emma & Hook (or Captain Swan) is nothing short of true love and I can’t wait to see more of their relationship in the next season!
So what do you think my lovelies, do you agree with my Season Three moments? Did I leave any of yours out? And are you loving one couple more than the others as we head into Season Four? Let me know!
Ok my lovelies, I’m trying not to hyperventilate right now but I just read online that Dan Stevens (Matthew from Downton Abbey) is in talks to play the Beast in the new Disney live-action Beauty and the Beast starring opposite Emma Watson!!!!!
OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE!!!
Admittedly, I’ve never thought of Dan for this role but that’s mostly because I’ve been preoccupied with the notion that Chris Hemsworth was perfect for it, but I would so love to see this happen! I was less than thrilled when it looked like Ryan Gosling was going to star as my favorite Disney guy, (just no) and Hemsworth was always a longshot considering he’s already in another fairytale franchise (as the Huntsman from Snow White and the Huntsman), so PLEASE let’s see my favorite Downton guy play my favorite Disney Prince! How awesome would that be?!!!
What do you guys think, would Dan make a good Beast or are you in the enemy camp of Ryan Gosling? Or are you still dreaming of the fantasy of Chris Hemsworth or another man of your choice? Let me know! 😀
*(Urgent update my lovelies: IT’S OFFICIAL, HE’S BEEN CAST!!!)
Hello my lovelies! Yesterday I posted my favorite moments from Season One of Once Upon a Time and today I have for you my favorites from Season Two! So let’s get started shall we 😀
Moonstonemaiden’s Favorite OUAT Season Two Moments:
1) When Snow leapt after Emma- It’s episode one again and already I am crying…again. Seriously. From the moment two minutes in when Snow looked at her daughter with so much love and proclaimed “You found us!” to this, when she refuses to lose her child again, I’m pretty much curled up on the couch whimpering. THE LOVE!!!
2) When Regina let Daniel Go- She just wanted her true love to live… just maybe not in writhing pain as a Jekyll and Hyde type thing, but still…poor Regina. I know it broke her heart to let him go after all this time and to finally accept that they would never be together.
3) When Downton met Storybrooke- Mrs. Patmore is in Storybrooke! I probably got too excited by this, but my two favorite shows just merged together for one (heartbreaking) episode and I totally loved it ❤ (Maybe this is where Matthew and Sybil went after all… they’re not really dead, just cursed!)
4) When we met Snow’s mother- What are the odds that the same episode as the Downton-crossover there’s an equally awesome Bold and the Beautiful-crossover?! I mean how much awesomeness can this one episode contain? It took me about five seconds to figure out that the sweet, smiling Queen Eva was in fact, the scheming, nutty, and all around Queen of Soap Darkness Quinn Fuller! Personally I love Quinn, she’s just that crazy that she’s freaking great and now I know she can be a beacon of light and kindness… you know, if she wanted to 😉
5) When Belle was shot and fell over the town line- I pretty much screamed and fell off the couch here. I mean the whole time she and Rumple are hugging that line I was nervous and just as I went to say so out loud, the gunshot rang out and I freaked! THEY JUST FOUND ONE ANOTHER AFTER 28 YEARS (and however long she was locked away in that tower) AND NOW SHE HAS NO MEMORY OF HIM!!! AHHHHH!!!!! What the heck?!!! Yeah, the whole house pretty much erupted into righteous, freaked-out confusion here. It was a real The Shit Hath Hit-ith The Fan moment. Not to mention we now had to deal with Lacey instead of Belle.
6) When Belle broke the teacup- I mean I know she just lost her memory, almost got run over by a car, got shot by a pissed-off pirate, and saw a strange but handsome man heal her with magic before throwing a ball of flames at someone, but still… There was no need to throw Chip at a hospital wall and small him into pieces. None. And it nearly broke Rumple’s heart. Just saying.
7) When Bae met Henry- I called Bae’s true identity and the fact that he was Henry’s father way earlier, so I was thrilled to watch as not only Emma and Bae (now known as Neal) found one another after ten years apart, but as Bae discovered he had a son and Henry learned the truth, that his dad was alive! I never blamed Emma for lying to Henry because all she knew was that his father got her sent to prison and abandoned her, but it was such a happy moment to see them thrown together again and know that soon the truth was going to come out. And you just know Bae is going to be one Helluva dad!
8) When Rumple called Belle on his deathbed- Rumple is dying and Belle still has no memory of him, but that doesn’t stop him from reaching out to her, his one true love, when he knows the end is near. That phone call is beautiful, heartfelt, gloriousness. She was his hero, she loved him, she made him want to be better, even in his last minutes he worried about Belle more than himself and wanted her to know who she really was, so she wouldn’t be afraid anymore. Please excuse me as I go cry in a corner somewhere…
9) When Emma had to go make tacos- I nearly peed on myself when Emma and Henry walked in on Snow and Charming “resting”. The horrified look on Emma’s face was perfect as was her declaration that she had to go make tacos (and try to sear the image out of her head)! As Charming said “It’s impressive that we can still provide her with a few traumatic childhood memories at this stage of the game.”
10) When Snow felt Regina’s pain- They have a complicated step-mother/daughter & bestie/enemy relationship but I love it. So when Snow linked herself to Regina so they could find her and then felt the torture Regina was enduring, it was just heartbreaking. Come one ladies, put your differences aside and admit your best-friendship! Friends don’t let friends get tortured!
11) When Emma told Bae she loved him- I KNEW IT! I hated Bae’s fiancé Tamara (with good reason it turns out) and really like Hook flirting shamelessly with Emma, but I really wanted to see these two admit their true feelings for one another. I love Hook and Emma but I equally love Bae and Emma and really, these two just have something that needed to be acknowledged, whatever happens. All the pain of the past aside, there is real love here, and it took a heck of a lot for Emma to admit it.
12) Hook!!!- Killian Jones aka Hook arrives on the scene and my mind nearly explodes. He is part dashing rouge and part unexpected hero wrapped up into one sexy, leather-clad pirate captain complete with wit, sarcasm, flirtatiousness, and smoldering looks that make one blush just watching the show. Seriously…I mean really, Emma has all the luck.
Oh, and I have to add this one in here because it can’t be left off (even though I forgot it momentarily)…
13) When Snow was “waking up”- She reentered her cursed sleep world to find a way for her and Emma to get back home to Charming and Henry and discovered that her husband had come to find her, but that meant falling under a sleeping curse himself! It nearly destroyed her to realize she was waking up and would have to leave him in that burning room of fire, alone and lost to her until she and Emma found a way back to Storybrooke and she broke his curse with true love’s kiss. The complete and utter despair in her voice as she said “I’m waking up,” broke my heart right along with hers and I had to remind myself that they will find one another… that they will always find one another!
So what do you think my lovelies, do you agree with my list? Did I leave any of your favorite moments out? Let me know in the comments! And don’t forget to check out my favorite Season One moments (the link’s at the top) and look out for my Season Three moments! Also check out my latest short story The Water Maiden and let me know what you think! 😀
Hello again my wonderful lovelies! Before I get started, I just wanted to remind everyone who missed it, I posted my latest short story The Water Maiden the other day so if you still haven’t seen it, give it a looksee and let me know what you think 😀 (It’s set in the same land as my first novel Believe!) Now for today, I mentioned in a previous post, I’ve fallen crazy in love with Once Upon a Time, and I want to share some of my all-time favorite moments from each season with y’all, one season at a time (or this would be one long list). So you all know what that means…it’s time for another Moonstonemaiden list!!! YAY! Though there are many, many more, here are my top eleven favorite moments from Season One, (I thought of an extra one at the last minute so think of it as a bonus lol):
Moonstonemaiden’s Favorite OUAT Season One Moments:
1) When Charming nearly died to protect his newborn, Emma- One episode in and I’m already crying, really and I pretty much keep crying through all three seasons so far. The look on his dying face as he sees his baby is safe from harm…SOB! There’s just so much love in this show, it gets me. Go Charming go! 😀
2) When Mary Margaret found David at the T(r)oll bridge- Basically the moment when Snow White and Charming show a glimpse of their real love story in Storybrooke, and it’s just so freaking romantic! They love one another. Spell or no spell, memory or no memory, these two are meant to be!
3) When Belle fell off the ladder and Rumple caught her- Basically the beginning of my Rumbelle obsession and the first moment of tentative love between Beauty and the Beast.
4) When Sheriff Graham died- This was just unexpected and I mean really, why did he have to die?! Other than the fact that two new love interests were coming her way…
5) When Mary Margaret was accused of murder- NOOOOOO!
6) When Snow White took the potion and forgot her love for Charming- I repeat: NOOOOO!!! Although it was hilarious seeing her be so mean to that one poor bird.
7) When Henry ate the poison apple (tart)- I saw it coming but it didn’t make it any easier to bear. Poor Henry just wanted him mother to believe in herself like he believed in her. He knew she would save him and his faith makes me cry just thinking about it.
8) When Henry died- My heart broke. Just broke. Not Henry…
9) When Emma broke the curse and saved Henry- I knew you could do it Emma! This was were I squee-ed loud enough to scare everyone else in the house. That’s right Henry, your momma loves you!
10) When Rumple and Belle reconnected- I waited the whole rest of the season since the first Beauty and the Beast episode to see this and it was worth it! When he saw that she was alive, his face said it all. #TheRumbelleFeels
11) Every single “I will find you…I will always find you.”- I just love this line as it’s used again and again throughout the season(s), it’s the pure truth of Snow White and Prince Charming, no matter what happens to them they will always find one another ❤
What do you think my lovelies, did I miss any of the best moments from Season One? Let me know and keep an eye out for my next list for Season Two! 😀