Hello my lovely readers! In case you couldn’t tell from the title of this post, I’m in a bit of a good mood 😀 I’ve been nominated for a few blogging awards over the last few days and I’m just so happy and thankful that I’ve been dancing in my chair as I’ve prepared to write this post. It means a lot to me that people enjoy this blog and I want to say thank you to all my awesome new blogging buddies, all the commenters, the people who press “like”, and those who just scroll through my blog to see what in the world I’m writing about! You guys keep me blogging even when I feel like I have nothing to give. 😀
Ok, first up is the:
I was nominated for the Liebster Blog award by the incredibly talented Sarah Monagle, from sarah monagle, pondering it all. If you haven’t read this woman’s poetry or seen her beautiful photography, do yourself a favor and go look at her blog…yes, I do mean right this minute…I’ll wait. Isn’t she fantastic?!
1) Paste the award picture into your blog.
2) Write up 11 NEW questions directed towards your nominees.
3) When you receive the award, you must post 11 random facts about yourself.
4) Pass the award onto 11 other blogs and let them know
Here are my questions from Sarah:
1) If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
Probably a wolf because I love the structure of family and the comfort and familiarity that comes from being surrounded by those you love.
2) What place do you find most captivating?
Ireland. It’s just so mystical and I can’t wait to see it for myself!
3) What are your aspirations as a writer/photographer/artist/blogger?
Naturally, I want to be the best writer/blogger I can be and I work hard to perfect everything I do. I also want to publish my first novel (Believe) and the plethora of others that I am either working on already or have the idea for.
4) What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
The scariest thing I’ve done is left home for college, it sounds so silly I know, but for me it was terrifying.
5) What is your biggest regret?
I try not to regret things. With an anxiety disorder, I usually worry about everything all the time anyway but I’m trying to let go of things like regrets, fear, and worries.
6) What would do if you weren’t afraid?
Swim in the ocean more I guess. I’ve lived right next to the ocean my entire life but going to the beach is not as much fun when you’re terrified of being eaten by sharks. I’m one of those nutty people who shriek like a banshee if I step on a shell the wrong way or seaweed touches my ankle.
7) If you had to move to a country other than the one you are living in, which country would you choose?
Have I mentioned Ireland…? (And England, Scotland, and Wales…you know, that general area!)
8) What is your all-time favorite book?
Way too hard of a question! There are so many books that I love… (I think I’m hyperventilating here)! For this question, I’ll pick one that I think isn’t too well-known, in the hope that y’all might want to check it out: The China Garden by Liz Berry. It is my idea of a perfect novel. Find out more about it here. And Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier, it’s just so breathtakingly epic and beautiful and set in Ireland! It too is another example of a perfect novel! Find out more about it here.
9) What type of music do you prefer?
Again that’s a hard question. I love music, I couldn’t imagine life without it, but what I like really depends on what type of mood I’m in. I love big sweeping, dramatic musicals, pop, alternative, Irish, country…it really just depends on what I feel like singing that day. Right now I’m in love with Florence + the Machine, A Fine Frenzy, Heather Dale, the 25th Anniversary concert edition of Les Miserables, and a few Disney movie soundtracks, lol.
10) What blog post (by another) stays most vivid in your mind?
I don’t know, I’ve read so many awesome and inspiring posts that I don’t think it’s possible to pick just one. 😀
11) What is your one most favorite word?
I like words like: evanescent, shimmer, coalesce…pretty much pretty words that describe things, lol.
And my 11 questions for the nominees are:
1) Are you a day or nighttime writer?
2) Do you make a playlist for your writing projects or does music distract you?
3) What new movie are you looking most forward to seeing in the near future?
4) What was the last book that you read? Would you recommend it?
5) What’s your idea of a perfect day?
6) What is your favorite television show and /or movie? Why?
7) Have you ever read a scene in a book that reminds you of a scene you’ve written before or had already planned to write?
8) If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase?
9) If you could only eat one type of food (Italian, Chinese, Classic American etc.) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10) What is your favorite song at the moment?
11) What is your favorite time period in history or who is your favorite historical figure? Why?
I’ll get to the random facts later, but here are my nominations for the Liebster award:
The second up is:
I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger award by Jen over at the cuter than cute Winter Owls blog. I always end up smiling whenever I read one of her posts or just look at the lovely artwork that she displays! If you love owls, this is the blog to read!
1. Display the award certificate on your website.
2. Announce your win with a post and include a link to whoever presented your award.
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers. Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off.
4. Post 7 interesting facts about yourself.
Okay here’s where the 11 random facts from before is going to coincide with the 7 interesting facts from this award (because honestly, I don’t want to have to write any more lol)!
11 Random Facts:
1) I love to sing. I have no actual talent for singing but I will belt out a song with all the emotion I’ve got in me.
2) That being said, if I’m singing, I’m probably emotional about something and it’s a fifty-fifty on whether I’m singing because I’m really really angry or really really happy. My family and friends have learned to approach me with caution when they hear me singing in my room.
3) I reread books. I’ve never understood people who only read books once; if I’m going to spend money on a book then I plan on enjoying it over and over again!
4) Ancient history fascinates me but once you hit the 19th century my enthusiasm lessens considerably (with a few exceptions).
5) I love BBC Dramas! The romance, the beauty, the peacefulness of times gone by, I just love it!
6) After I first read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins I swore I would never watch reality television again. That lasted until I discovered My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding on TLC.
7) I’m a sucker for anything romantic, the quickest way to get me to watch or read something is to tell me there’s a romantic element to it. (That’s how my dad convinced me to watch The Last of the Mohicans. He kept telling me how great it was, how there were fight scenes, people trekking through the wilderness, yada yada yada until finally he stopped, remembered who he was talking to, looked at me, and said it also had an epic romance. No more needed to be said, and I fell in love with the movie and the music in it!)
8) I lived on a boat for over a year with no heat or air conditioning, and here in the south, that means something. It was an experience I hated at the time but now I count it as one of my biggest learning adventures.
9) I have played with actual tiger cubs! Tigers have been one of my favorite animals since before I can remember, so to actually play with one was thrilling. When I was little – like four or five – I had four imaginary tigers (and one plastic toy one) that followed me everywhere. My mom would have to open the door for them wherever we went and buy cat food for them and everything, lol.
10) I like to watch Jeopardy and try to beat the contestant’s by yelling at the screen at the top of my lungs (because you know, if I say the answer loud enough, they’ll eventually hear me).
11) I’m partially color blind; I have a hard time seeing differences in colors the closer they get to looking like one another, like blue, purple, and grey have the tendency to throw me sometimes. But I adore colors and whenever I write a character, I always give them a specific color palette so I can get a better feel for their personality.
And my nominations for the Versatile Blogger award are (I’m only doing 11 instead of 15):
A big thanks goes out to the incredibly awesome Jae from Lit and Scribbles with Jae, who nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger award! Somehow between all the different goals she sets for herself, she finds the time to not only write a kick-butt blog, but she also has a habit of drawing her fellow bloggers!
I nominate Winter Owls for this sunshine award because visiting her site leaves you with the joy and happiness of a sunny day! 😀
Thank you again for everything my lovely readers, y’all are the best!