Hello my lovelies! I hope you had wonderful weekends, I know I did, I spent all of Saturday watching Season 3 of Downton and OH MY GOODNESS! But I can’t give anything away now because not all of the season hasn’t been aired on PBS yet and I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone. But when that last episode airs, prepare yourselves for some serious Downton Abbey blogging time!
But for today, I want to catch up on some wonderful blogging awards, so without further ado…here we go!
The completely amazing Jamie at Through Two Blue Eyes nominated me for the Shine On Award! For those of you who haven’t visited her blog yet what are you waiting for?! GO NOW! From Sherlock, to Star Wars, to the Avengers, to real life issues, this blog has it all!
The Shine On Award Rules:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Post the badge on your blog.
3. Answer the questions posed to you.
4. Nominate five bloggers who shine a little light in your day and be sure to notify them.
5. Issue some questions you’d like them to answer
What’s your favorite comedy movie or TV show that you’ve seen?
This is a hard one, I LOVE comedy and really it all depends on my mood that day as to which one I love most. Hmmm…I think I’m going to say Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows. I love this movie simply because it is hilarious and watching it with my best friend usually ends up making that day great. We quote this movie ALL THE TIME, and she (my bestie) is the Watson to my Holmes!
The Avengers or the X-Men and why?
Mean question, very mean question! I love both of them but if I had to pick just one I’d probably say X-Men. I’ve been in love with Wolverine since I was ten I think, and over-all I enjoy the X-Men movies more than I did the one Avenger movie. But to be fair, I like some of the Avengers and their own movies more than I like X-Men. I know, it’s confusing. But I love Iron Man and Thor in their own movies!
What is one of your favorite carnival rides?
I haven’t been to a carnival in years but I like any ride that doesn’t take me too high into the air (except the swings, I love the swings!) or flips me upside down. To be honest, I mostly just like to walk around with my friends and family and gossip and all.
Who do you like more in films, the heroes or the villains? Why?
Heroes I think. I love having someone to root for, but it really just depends on the movie. Sometimes I go for the anti-hero (the Phantom, Damon from The Vampire Diaries) but it really just depends on what the story is.
Is there something that comes with the territory of blogging that you struggle with–is it hard for you to write your posts, schedule them, come up with the post ideas, ect?
At times I struggle with making myself write a post. I just get into moods where I don’t want to write anything, and I feel like I can’t get what I want to say to come across the right way.
Favorite ice cream.
New York Super Fudge Chunk by Ben and Jerry’s!
If you could meet your blogging friends, who would you like to meet and where and how would you like to meet them?
I’d like to meet all of my blogging buddies, all of the people I talk to regularly and have come to count as friends! I think a lovely dinner at a fantastically yummy Chinese food resturant would be a great place to meet everyone 😀
And for the Shine On award I’d like to nominate a few of the bloggers who make my slice of the blogosphere a happier place to visit:
Sass & Balderdash
youthful yogini worried writer
Lit and Scribbles with Jae
Justine Dee — Writer in Play
And my questions to you are:
- Do you have a favorite book series? What is it?
- What is the funniest movie quote you’ve come across?
- If you could karaoke one song perfectly, what song would you chose?
- Dogs or cats?
- What is the one household chore you loath the most?
I was also nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by the incredibly talented Justine Dee from Justine Dee — Writer in Play! There’s always something fabulous to read on her blog, especially if you love Celtic and Arthurian lore! And right now she’s going a jewelry giveaway, so go check her out!
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements
7 things about me:
1) I adore the novel Alice in Wonderland and pretty much anything Wonderland related. One of my favorite Alice spin-offs is the Looking Glass War Series by Frank Beddor.
2) The sound of bag-pipes immediately makes me smile, calms me down, and makes me feel safe.
3) Having grown up attending Highland Games and reenacting Scottish history, I have a deep appreciation for men in kilts. Seriously, there is nothing sexier than a man who can pull off a kilt!
4) I love PBS. I’m a bit of a PBS junkie, I love all the travel shows, operas, plays, British shows, and the new Shakespeare shows.
5) Elephants, wolves, and tigers are some of my favorite animals.
6) I was an editor for my High School literary magazine my senior year.
7) I started reading the Princess Diaries Series by Meg Cabot when I was in middle school and still read them (all the time) nowadays. They’re some of the funniest books I’ve ever read and Mia is one of my all-time favorite characters.
My nominees for this award are some of my favorite bloggers, they’re people who always make me smile and think every time I read a new post. You guys are awesome!
The Other Side Of Ugly
Sass & Balderdash
Lit and Scribbles with Jae
Through Two Blue Eyes
witches can be right
Thank you guys for my lovely lovely awards, seriously, they mean the world to me! And to show my gratitude (and because I’d been thinking of making them for days now) I’ve made us all some yummy Oatmeal Chocolate-Chip Cookies! Yay 😀
Cookies for everyone!
And isn’t my plate adorable!
Dig in everyone, there’s plenty for all!